Pages

Monday, May 29, 2006

Once Again

I promised myself I'd never fall once more,

The look in his eye I would just ignore.

I tried not to notice the gentle way he touched my skin,

My heart, I knew, I would not let him win.

Then something happened, and I finally let go,

I let him love me, and loved him more than he'll ever know.

Once it just took his smile to warm my heart,

And never could I imagine us being apart.

He showed me how love was meant to be,

And truly he meant everything to me.

I'm not sure when things started to go wrong,

I thought we could get through, If only I was strong.

But somehow everything I said was never quite right,

Never could I make him listen, though I tried with all my might.

He would just keep drinking, no matter how I cried,

And say he did not care if our love lived or died.

I vowed I would stay by his side forever,

No matter what happened, I would leave him never.

I stood by and watched him waste away,

I tried to stop him, but there was nothing I could say.

I finally realized there was nothing I could do,

And I knew our relationship was really through.

I said good- bye and walked to the door,

As he watched me go, his bottle hit the floor.

For the first time ever I watched a tear cross his eye,

He looked at me and asked, "Why can't you try? "

I walked away that day, promising, once again,

Never will I let anyone break my heart, once
again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How inspiring this entry is....
totally inspiring...

Blog Archive