Pages

Friday, May 19, 2006

The Fool Farewell

No message has this heart received,
I think this fool has been deceived

Pure of heart and yet so blind,
How could I been so wined and dined?

Hoped for the best but prepared for the worst,
Of my own ramblings of this I am cursed

Heedless to intuition that gave me the clue,
Blinded was the truth, I now know about you

Vain silence stifled the passions of a rapturous heart,
Entwined in your selfish love, I'll no longer play a part

Encroaching fears have become my reality,
You never really loved me, it was all just a fallacy

At no time in your heart, just briefly in your mind,
I was not what you desired, not of your ideal design

Your true intentions you so carefully did disguise,
It's why you could never really look me in the eyes

Now this frail heart bears your cruel scar,
The only way I can show you this, is a poem from afar

My love of life and dreams I shall renew,
To restore my faith, I can no longer be In love with you.

No comments:

Blog Archive