Pages

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Now That You Are Gone

I never would have thought that
there'd be a you and me.
It wasn't plausible.
It wasn't possible.

But out of the star-crossed sky
fell an opportunity.
It was great.
It was special.
It was magic.

It made my life
such a blissful state of euphoria.
My eyes sparkled.
My soul danced.
My heart rejoiced.

And now that it's gone
I wish there was something in its place.
I want a new dream.
I want a new heart.
I want a new chance.

But mostly,
I'm receiving only loss.
I remember the happy times and think there'll be no more.
I remember little thoughts of you and sigh 'cause you're gone.
I remember my contented heart and sigh because now it's broken.

And now that you're gone,
I can't help but miss you.
For every where you used to smile an empty memory looms
of your soulful eyes
your shy smile
and your beautiful face.

No comments: