Pages

Friday, April 28, 2006

Midnight Fool

A cold, gray mist massages my heart,
Our Oneness was fated, why tear us apart?
Sharp icicles piercing, drain life from my soul,
My spirit is grieving, Love, why must you go?

Tonight in my sorrow, the phone by my ear,
I traced out the number whose ring you won't hear,
Pretended you whispered, your voice filled with love,
"Sarah, you'll always be the most special one. "

The pipes didn't clang, it's you finally knocking,
The chimes at my window are you laughing softly!
The floor didn't settle, it's you drawing near,
The clock ticks the beat of your heart, so dear!

I opened my arms overwhelmed with desire,
Your kiss and caress would consume me in fire!
I arched towards your body, to receive, be fulfilled,
Then reality bared glist'ning fangs - I lay still.

Now hot burning tears trace down - not tears!
Can't face it, too hard, so achingly clear.
See clouds of a storm? Hear thunder, see lightning?
I'm laying in the rain, that's all, not crying.

The mist's creeping back, so stealthy, so sure,
Must search for the strength to heal, to endure.
I reach for the stone to press to my heart,
The gray dawn approaches, I've played the fool's part.

No comments: