Pages

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Swearing By The Moon

You once swore on the moon,
Promising your undying devotion and love.
I later realized the moon changes every night,
Apparently as do your vows.

I love you dearly as I always did.
I love you, so I'm willing to let you go.
I understand that people change,
That nothing can make you feel what you felt before.

I want you to know I'm not bitter at your words.
I understand your heart's desires, if not more.
The days turn into night, the sun into moon.
I know you loved and cared once and I know you still do.

I want you to be happy,
I want you to live the life you Love,
Love the life you live,
Find a love that makes your heart jump a beat.

Promise me one thing and one thing only -
Never confess your love by the moon,
For it changes every night.
Your heart can be broken
By foolish but once sincere vows.

No comments: